Saturday, April 17, 2010

how i appreciate good health..

I haven't been blogging for quite a while. Been sick for ages, well, at least that's how I felt. It started with a slight fever, then fever gone, came the migraine for three days, decided to change the medication since the one I was taking was not doing me any good. Bad move! Turned out I am allergic to that medicine, so what happened was what usually happens when I am allergic to some medicine (I have a long list of what type of medicine I am allergic to..and it keeps on changing, doctors are quite puzzled when they talk to me about my so-weird allergic problem). Where was I? Oh yes, my eyes got swollen, couldn't barely open them, my daughter said that I looked like my chinese friend. My son reminded me of the promise to bring him to watch "The diary of the wimpy kid" movie. Sorry dear, not when mommy's eyes are like this!!!! So had to postpone the movie outing to the next day! After that episode of swollen eyes, I had a bit of cough. After two days, it got better so I thought the worst is over!!! Well, I thought wrong. The worst was yet to come. Tuesday night, I felt all chilly and my whole body was aching..a sign of getting a really bad fever. True enough, the next morning I woke up all groggy and my head was spinning. Took panadol and went back to sleep (hubby had to handle the kids, sent them to school and picked them up..). Woke up a few hours later, my tonsils were swollen!! Couldn't even swallow my own saliva without feeling like there were millions of pins down my throat!! I am not exaggerating..it did felt like that! Went to the doctor the next day...I was so glad to see him!! I hadn't been eating normally for two days..all i had was yogurt (even that hurt like..like..like..well like swallowing pins and needles). The doc prescribed antibiotics, and I thought, yeay, I am going to be okay in two days' time! I thought wrong once again!!! The next day my gums got all swollen, so add that to the swollen tonsils, I had a field day, of not being able to get anything into my tummy without crying because it hurt ssssooo much! Called the doctor and went to see him again (twice in five days!) and he discovered I was allergic to the antibiotics (remember I have a llooonnng list of what I am allergic to?). So stopped taking that antibiotics and took a different medicine to reduce the swelling. So after a few days, I got better, thank God. Now the gums on the back of my mouth are still a bit swollen but I now appreciate drinking water without feeling any pain and the fact that I can eat almost normally now. This event made me realised how important being healthy is and we should not take it for granted. When I was sick, I couldn't kiss or cuddle my kids and I miss taking care of them, even though I always complain that I am so tired doing the housework and taking care of everybody. My hubby was extra helpful, he took two days off to take care of me and to take over "running the kingdom". I missed having my morning coffee but one thing that I am not going to eat for quite some time is yogurt because that was all I had for nearly a week and the sight of yogurt reminds me of how sick I was, so now I am yogurt phobia (I am sure that's a word for it..). When my gums are 100% ok, the first thing I am going to do is to buy the foot long subway sandwich and really bite into it! I think the 2 kilos I lost when I was sick will be regained in no time...oppss!!!!

Being sick is no fun!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hehehe... moga u cepat sembuh sepenuhnyer.. tajuk topic u nih mmg sangat i paham because i recently was diagnosed with breast cancer and undergoing chemo treatment now.. and yes i now really appreciate good health..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Lovely Mommy,

    I hope and pray that you are strong going through this. I don't know how it feels like to have breast cancer but my mom had it, and it was not easy for her but she was strong. If you don't mind me asking, what stage are you at? Insya Allah, with the right treatment and a lot of prayers, you'll be okay. Just remember to eat a lot, that was what my mom's onco said because your body needs all the energy especially during chemo. I am not trying to be an expert here, just to share with you what I know. If you want somebody to talk to, I'll be glad to be that person, I know we don't know each other that well and I am sure you have a lot of friends, but I am here if you need another friend..:)..take good care of yourself and thank you for your wishes, Alhamdulillah, I am okay now, looking forward to having the subway sandwich soon!!! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. helo niza... good to know ader jugak org out there yang have experience walaupun family and not themself.. i am currently early stage 2 n alhamdulillah it havent spread anywhere.. all have been removed but still i have to go for chemo n radiation treatment. i dont have many cancer frens tho, am very glad to have u as my fren.. y not u email me instead if u have da free time.. sue_prvt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulillah you found out earlier..and Insya Allah, you'll be okay. My father-in-law has colon cancer but he also found out quite early (stage 2) so after operation and radiation, he is okay now, Alhamdulillah. Not sure whether dah cancer-free or not yet, but he is moving around and getting better everyday. ok, nanti i email you and kita boleh citer panjang..:)) take care dear.

    ReplyDelete