Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Old style cartoons

Yesterday, both kiddos were down with the sniffles and coughing including moomy who was coughing too. Most of the morning, we sat in front of the tv, flicking the channels. Usually they would settle for either disney or nick but yesterday, they watched looney tunes and tom and jerry. Reminded me of my childhood, watching all those innocent cartoons. Why did I say innocent? Well, now the cartoons for kids got a lot more sophisticated for example the adventure time and one more cartoon that my kids like to watch, can't remember the name. They used to watch Dora, Imagination Movers and Barney but they are too grown up for those shows now and the choices they have for their age group are more towards "adult". I mean just look at shows such as wizards of weaverly place, shake it up, good luck charlie, so random...some contents are about boyfriends and kissing. Why can't they do more cartoon like the mickey mouse and donald duck and goofy. Or even Mr. Bean is much more kid-friendly. Anyway, I was glad that my kids enjoyed tom and jerry and looney tunes..i enjoyed it too.

Another activity that we enjoyed doing together yesterday was the puzzle. My son not so much, but my daughter loves doing ouzzle and so do I. My mom used to tell me that when I was small, I loved doing puzzles so much, the more challenging it is, the better. Even now, I still love it so it is a bonding time for my daughter and me. We could be on the floor for hours trying to put together those small tiny confusing pieces.


Nostalgic...

No comments:

Post a Comment