Sunday, November 20, 2011

That smells good

Right now i am waiting for hubby to finish making dinner for us. It is a kind of ritual for us during one of the weekend nights, he would be making us maggi for dinner. But let me tell you that it is not the plain basic microwave maggi that we know. His maggi is the gourmet kind of maggi. He would saute some onions or garlic and then put some chicken or seafood and then some veggies. I really love his gourmet maggi. Tried making it but it didn't turn out to be the same so i just leave it to the expert..:)). Oh and he would put some cili padi to give it the extra kick!

Oh my! My tummy is grumbling now. The weird thing is we had a late lunch so I thought I won't need to have dinner but somehow I feel famished right now. Today was a good day. Had breakfast then we went out to Fifth Avenue. Tini wanted to buy sime American girl outfits and build-a-bear with the giftcard she got for her birthday, also we wanted to get a new game for Wii. The fact that we can just walk to Fifth Avenue still amaze me sometimes. This is one of the famous places where tourist would make it a point to go to when they are in New York. I guess that is one of the perks of living in Manhattan but trust me it comes with a price as well. We miss home terribly and the yummy Malaysian food and work is not easy (for hubby) and as for me, let me just say that some people that I have to deal with here, I wish they would just vanish into thin air! Plus winter is indeed not something that we look forward to. Anyway, I am grateful with what we have now and want to enjoy this city that never sleep as much as possible beore our time is up.

My 500-word assignment is due next month and I haven't started yet. Well, I have a few stories that I have casually wrote but I doubt that they will be good enough for the class. It seems that I don't have a grain of imagination in my brain right now. Is it because I am trying to hard? If I just let it be, would it come flying to me?

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment