Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hallluuuu..long time no write..

Well, what is my excuse this time for not writing in this blog for so so so long...hmm... Let's see.. My sister was here, no..not blaming her, actually ade je masa nak berblogging but just to have an excuse..so was the tourist guide for a month, that was tiring but super happy to have her here. We walked, shopped, cooked, baked and planned her wedding..yup, my little sister is getting married, Insya Allah in august so i am going to be the "mak pengantin" since i am the eldest. A bit , well, to be perfectly honest, very nervous about this..like I don't know all of my sedara, especially yang jarang jumpa, I might get the names wrong..gosh! That would so embarassing!!! Have to get some of my aunties' help on that. Nasib baik we have catering services now, not like zaman dulu where kena masak sendiri kat rumah, so cooking is not in my "things to worry" list. Excited to be going back for her wedding and Insya Allah for raya too! Already imagining all the glorious food waiting for me, yum yum... Ok, supposed to be writing about second part of the Disney trip but considering dah jadi cerita basi, let's just say that it was a really wonderful trip for all of us, lots of memories and tons and tons of great fun! Rasa macam nak pergi lagi.well, not likely coz it costs a ton( at least for us, it was) to go there..once in a lifetime jer kut but my son did say the next time he will be going to disneyworld is with his kids..so I asked whether he is going to bring me as well, and he said"of course, mommy". Great answer, if not, malam tu masak dinner sendiri..hahaha... Speaking of dinner, it is just going to be baked pasta for tonight as hubby is having dinner outside. As usual, if it is just the kids and me, pasta it is coz it is the easiest! But my son requested baked pasta in ramekins, he said it looks so luxurious.. What?? Ok lah, janji makan... Oh! I have been meaning to write about this...I overheard a woman's phone conversation on the bus(not my fault, she was talking loudly, I think the bus heard her)about her problems taking take of an elderly person. Now, I am not sure whether she was talking about her mom or her mother in law but she was saying that she couldn't do it anymore as it has been stressing her and her family out..she was complaining that this elderly woman didn't want to eat, didn't want to take showers, basically being a burden. Now I am not judging her because I don't know the whole story and maybe she was having a rough day and she was just pouring her heart out to the person on the other line. Some of the things she was saying, I could understand what she was going through for example, she had to be wearing a few different hats at the same time, being the daughter or (daughter in law), a wife and a mother.she was rushing between schools and her house and the elderly woman's house, trying to juggle so many things. I took care of my late mom when she was battling cancer and sometimes I did feel overwhelmed with all the things going on around me but I tried to do the best I could. It was not easy but it was nothing compared to what my mom was going through. Sometimes even now I wish I have done some things differently, wish I had done this or that or shouldn't have done this or that. When I told hubby about my worries, he said that my mom knew that I was trying my best and I have done it in the best way I could. But somehow, deep down I still feel that I haven't given my mom the best care that she deserved. Two days ago was her birthday, she would have been 63 years old. Happy birthday Ibu and Al-Fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment