Sunday, November 11, 2012

Knitting project

So I have decided to resume my knitting project after nearly three years hiatus..determined to make hubby his scarf which I have promised...hmm...almost three years ago 😉. A few days ago, I wanted to order some yarn from this online shop. And then I just realised that I don't have a clue of what type of yarn to get and how much of it needed to make a scarf. So kenala buat homework dulu..spent more than an hour doing that. It was a bit confusing because there were so many conflicting infos. So I took the leap of faith and followed this particular website, it looked reliable enough. Okay, done with the homework, off I went to the shop (in the virtual world that is) and found this craft shop that offered free shipping with a $40 purchase. So now pening with the decision to buy up to $40 la pulak. Eventually the yarn I wanted to buy to make the scarf came up to only $15. But nak free shipping punya pasal, I decided to get yarn for my self and my daughter..(my son not a fan of scarves). Dah siap pilih all the yarn, still tak cukup syarat..the yarns were cheap to start with and ada sales on top of that. So decided to buy some felt fabric that my daughter needs to make her dolls' t shirts. And then I made the $40 mark..phew, macam lari marathon..😊. So now eagerly waiting for it to be shipped, of course free shipping comes with its downside, 7-10 businees days!!! Jenuh le menunggu. So in the meantime, I am practicing my knitting skill or rather the lack of it. And after reading up on knitting, I discovered new stitches and techniques. And there are sssoooo many different types of stitches..well, the basic two are knit and purl, but the combination of those two can make the other many wonderful types of stitches. Last night while we were watching our Saturday night movie, I was busy practicing all these new discoveries, rasa seronok la pulak..as I am typing this pun, macam tak sabar nak start knitting..hahaha..new found love? We shall see..... Discovery is a wonderful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment