Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Berlari-larian

After admiting to myself that I have indeed gained weight, have made the effort to draaagggggg myself to the gym. So for the past three weeks, treadmill had been my new best friend. Trying to go at least four times a week, 30 mins per session. Lari plus jalan and kayuh basikal sikit..so far so good, still dalam mood rajin. Hari ni lari lama sikit, 40 mins..fuh!! Bangga jap...(oklah, ada selit jalan sikit, letih wei). well, for me, that is great achievement, considering I am such a couch potato at times. And yesterday, the treadmills at the gym had some updated software, so now can watch tv or music videos!! Yeay!!! Today was extra excited to go and try the new software, and song selection is good, maybe that is why today I ran longer..some songs can definitely make you run, like stronger by kelly clarkson, that fire song by adele and hhmmm...malu nak cakap..and one direction song!!( I blame my daughter for this hahaha!!). Thought of running at the park but then, makin gelap pulak nanti..heheh..never mind, gym first..thiking of entering a race, no, not marathon or even half marathon, maybe a fun run or 5K..In syaa Allah. Since my son is in a running club, we can run together. Speaking of together, last week, my husband was telling me to wait for him so that we could walk togeder-geder. My daughter yang first time dengar that word, found it to be funny and fascinating so now that is her new favourite word! Ok, back to my exercise and gaining weight, was trying on some clothes because next week have an event at a friend's house and we can't wear jeans. So tried on some slacks...arghh!!!! Tak muat!!! My perut so buncit now!!! Wwaaaaaaa!!!!!! This one particular pants used to be so loose, I had to cerut the tali..yeah! The operative word here is USED!!!! Hhmmm... i know it is the lack of exercise but can I blame it on aging as well? Metabolism rate decreases as you age right? Anyway, after feeling so frustated coz seluar tak muat, went to the kitchen and found the kids eating tiramisu and cheesecake, ishh..sedap la pulak..had a few spoonfuls (small spoon, I have to say) while the image of me in that pants still lingering. Oh well, kelly clarkson can help me burn off those calories..:)) (hopefully!!!).

2 comments:

  1. Yes masuk 5K dulu! That was my first registered run in 2009. Masa tu memang target to increase stamina and to force me do cardio on regular basis.
    Eh I pun ada lagu One Direction dalam iPod hahaha..
    Bab2 makan tu, it just takes more willpower, and time. Lama2 you tengok kek pun kadang2 you tak rasa nak makan pun. I love cakes, pastry and junk food/snacks but since last year I tried to control myself..kdg2 makan lah jugak of course tapi tak la macam dulu, (dulu bukak Pringles memang "once you pop you can't stop" hahaha)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the advice and encouragement..:)). Tengah semangat ni... Hahaha. I pun suka pastries, cakes and what not, actually I love food but now controlling portions, and try not to eat junk food (makan jugak, less than before) and eat more fresh fruits and veggies.. Kat sini, no excuse not to eat fresh fruits, tepi2 jalan punya la byk fruit carts..kalau tak beli jugak, memang la kan? Hahaha....

    ReplyDelete