Friday, May 14, 2010

in cooking mode

This week I am in my unusual, very unusual cooking mode. By that, I mean I am being so interested in trying to cook something new. Last Tuesday, for the first time in my life and in ten years of married life, I attempted to make beef lasagna. My daughter was whining that she wanted lasagna and we tried one from a Mediterranean shop but it wasn't good. So I tried and didn't fully succeeded. Well, the taste was good but it turned out to be to "wet". Maybe I used too much sauce or maybe because I covered it during baking. But anyhow, my kids were happy and my hubby said it's okay. Not truly happy but then again, for a first attempt, I would have to say it is pretty darned good. Next project was baked chicken with mushroom sauce and roasted potatoes. For some people that would be a walk in the park. But for me, it was indeed a big deal. Checked quite a few recipes and a few more until I got confused about which recipe to use! By the end of the day, the chicken was okay, a bit over baked but the potatoes turned out great!!! There are a few more on my "have to try to cook this" list but it all depends on my cooking mode which doesn't come by ever so often.

What's for dinner?

2 comments:

  1. haha... my 1st lasagna was horrible!!! hehehhee... da white sauce tu lah abit burnt hehhehe.. but after few attempts, it turns out ok lah not bad.. good luck on ur recipes, kalau ader link2 recipe yang best jgn lupa email me heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear..kena buat lagi lasagna ni..but my hubby (knowing my kerajinan bab2 masak ni) kata kena tunggu sepuluh tahun lagi la gamaknya..hahaha..

    ReplyDelete