Thursday, May 24, 2012

Today's weather reminds me of Malaysia

The day started with fog and then drizzle and then pouring rain with thunder..and here I am at home, feeling like being in Malaysia, with my coffee, the only thing missing is the local Malaysian drama or news on TV3 or astro..sorry RTM tak tengok, for me it is stuck in the 70s..heheh..boleh ke cakap macam tu? Anyway, sister inlaw coming next week with my niece yang I tak pernah jumpa lagi since she was born two years ago..she is my first niece..mommy going to spoil you so much..ice creams, and dresses and all the cute things we can find in NYC...and then Insya Allah, in August going back for raya and my sister's wedding...hm... something that I really look forward to but at the same time, I am scared and sad..scared because I have this huge responsibilty to be the "mak pengantin" and to spearhead the whole thing, of course my brothers and aunts and uncles going to be helping but I still feel the pressurein making sure everything would go smoothly. even though it is going to be just a simple akad nikah and kenduri, the wprry is still there. and the sad part is that I am not going to see my mom waiting for me at our home or at the airport and I am afraid I am going to break down and cry once we reach home and seeing that it is dark and empty. I miss the times with my mom that I always ahve looked forward to every time I wnet home, she would picked me up at the airport then the next day, we would have breakfast and chat and chat about anything and everything under the sun, then we would hit the shops then buy nasi sumatera for lunch, then went back home. after a short nap in the afternon (for my late mom, her afternoon nap was a must..even if only for ten minutes, it was her way of recharging herself) we would have tea, either the delicious pisang goreng bought at this makcik's stall or my mom's yummy and soft pancake. actually we would have coffee, not tea...and then, after asar, we would go out again, either to shops again or visit our relatives..then at night, after dinner we would watch TV then she would have her milo before calling it a day..How I miss those simple yet wonderful times with Ibu..

No comments:

Post a Comment