Monday, January 18, 2010

Couscous

Today, I went to a demonstration on how to cook couscous. At first, I wasn't really keen of going since I had tasted couscous before and didn't really like it. But by the end of the day, I was glad I went because this particular couscous, cooked by an excellent Moroccan cook, was DELICIOUS. Plus she used veal..any red meat is fine with me. The meat was so tender, the vegetables were perfect and the the taste was just exquisite. I guess giving something a second chance is not so bad at all. Some things and some people do deserve a second chance.First impression is important indeed but if it is not up to your expectation, it doesn't mean it should just end there. I am new in NY so I do meet a lot of new people everyday, trying to make new friends. Some people don't really make great first impressions but maybe it is because they are shy and not because they are arrogant. Come to think of it, there are times when I gave bad first impressions, not because I was arrogant ( I like to think of myself as a very nice person), but because I was shy or because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning! So I think everybody deserves a second chance including couscous...

Love all around....

No comments:

Post a Comment