Friday, January 22, 2010

what a smart boy..

Yesterday, I went along on a trip with my son's class to the Museum of New York City. He has been asking for the last few trips for me to volunteer as a chaperone, helping the teacher to handle all the, I should say, always energetic and always-yapping-away kids. So yesterday I agreed to volunteer, along with a few mothers and I glad I made that decision. Not only I made some new friends, I also learned a bit about New York's city planning. The highlight of the day was when my son gave some clever ideas and comments during the discussion with the Museum guide. One of the moms even told him that he is such a smart boy. I am so proud of him and truthfully speaking, I didn't expect such clever ideas would come from him. Not that I am underestimating my own son, but for a eight-year-old boy to come up with those kind of ideas regarding town planning, it was a surprise. I know I wouldn't be able to do that when I was eight! I guess kids never cease to amaze us and what they learn from school or their surroundings are vital to their growth, both emotionally and mentally. Sometimes their take on life is different from us where it is a much more simpler tlife and sometimes it wouldn't hurt for us to see the world from our kids' eyes. For them as long as they have friends, love from everyone around them and toys, of course, they are happy. Not too say that life is that simple, but how I wish sometimes it is.

Smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment