Friday, January 20, 2012

Assignment for today

Had my second lesson today and the assignment is quite tough. The taecher gace us a few phrases to choose from tomstart our story and the story has to end with a twist and we have to write in five minutes! Gosh! That is definitely not easy but I am going to give a go.. Maybe will post it here later. Been talking to my friend and she asked me what do I want to do with my writing training. Well, hopefully to publish a book or two( well, I wouldn't stop at two if I could) and maybe have my own column(s) one day. Fiinding ideas of what to write is not as easy as people would think. There is always this blank page syndrome in me where I would stare at a blank oage, not knowing what to write about..nada..zilch..zero...so one of the good exercises is to free write..but even that is not easy to do if you have all these inner negative critic in you head telling you that you can't do this, this idea is stupid, that idea is rubbish, what do you think you are doing ( actually having those oices right now as I am typing away.. Arghhhh!!!!), so on and so forth.. Well, I will shoot down all those voices and believe that I can do this!!! Yes I can!!!! "Met" a few new friends in my class and so happy to know that we share the same passion and so relieved to know that we have more or less the same problems; self-doubt, lack of writing discipline, procractination, writer's block and negative people that think we are not good enough to be great writers. Well, together we are going to march on..hmm... Now I think I sound like someone who is marching to go and fight for their country or something..well, we are fighting right? fighting to make our dreams come true...best of luck to all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Niza, u inspire me to write!! i always wanted to be a writer..orang tak baca pun takpa..perasan sorang sorang pun ok lah..off i go to find a class..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! At first, all I care about is to have people read what I write then bila takde orang baca, I stopped writing. Now I am taking a new way of thinking, tulis jer...and go on writing no matter what..:))

    ReplyDelete