Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First entry for 2012

Well, it is already 4th of January today and what a freezzziiinnngggg day it is. In the morning it was -11C!!!! My fridge's temperature is warmer I think! Had to make sure the kids were bundled up really good before going to school. Of course my son was reluctant about putting an extra sweater! And it is always a battle to go out the door during this cold weather, have to make sure everyone has their gloves, scarves, hats. Yesterday, which was equally as cold as today, we were late and we rushed to school and in the midst of making sure everyone got everything, I forgot my hat! Boy, that was a big mistake! My ears felt like falling off! Plus I couldn't feel my nose and my hands were freezing despite wearing gloves! Need to get thicker gloves..heheh..an excuse to go to the shops! And I have another excuse, I left my favorite hat on the train a few days ago so "need" to get a new one (even though I do have a few other hats).

Our winter break didn't turn out as planned. The trip to South Carolina was cancelled. To the very last minute, literally last minute! The bags were packed and were put at the door, we were all dressed and ready to go. The guy that was supposed to come and pick us up ( we were going with him and another couple in a mini van) called and said the weather was really bad and we had to go the next morning. Plus he was late and was coming from Philly, bla bla bla....if we were to leave the next day, it meant we have only one night in SC ( it is a twelve-hour journey) and it would be so tiring, we would spending more time on the road than in SC. So we told him just to just cancel it. No more planning trips with this guy! On the plus side, it might be a blessing in disguise because it was raining hard and my daughter wasn't feeling well. So when we told the kids it was cancelled, they were so super duper upset. It broke my heart to see them cry..:((. So we told them we would do something special and promised toys as a consolation. It was not bribery..it was just to cheer them up. So we went to the botanical garden to see the train show and of course to the LEGO store for the toys. The LEGO store was a big mistake to go during christmas break. There were sssooooo many people!!! Fifth Avenue was jam packed! To walk was impossible..no more excuse me, you just had to bulldoze your way through! I haven't seen that many people on Fifth Avenue before especially near the LEGO store which is in Rockerfeller center. And we did another big mistake by going to Times Square! Why oh why did we go? Thought of having lunch at Hard Rock Cafe..it was an hour wait! Forget it! We'll come when there are less tourists in NYC...:)). So basically winter break was ok even though we didn't get to to to SC. Things happen for a reason.. That's what I told the kids and to myself.

Trying to stay warm.....

4 comments:

  1. NYC during NYE time..? Wow that must be a tough one! Kalau tengok kat movies je nampak jam-packed ini kan you pegi sendiri. There's always a next time, kan? Stay warm, stay warm! Hehheh
    *fyi it's hot now here!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..:)) today slightly warmer..still -2 but definitely better than the -11 yesterday.. Yup, no more times square masa xmas break for us..:)) lemas.... Dah la kita "tinggi".. Memang tenggelam..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! Thank goodnessI cancelled my plans to visit NY during Xmas then! (hahahah prattnya, my husband refused to entertain my pleas of pleassseee let us jalan jalan)

    Anyway sorry to hear abt your trip..ada hikmahnya, perhaps you would have had a bad time (Sour grape syndrome is very healthy for thesoul)

    And bribery is fine....whatever works with kids ! (no im kidding!)

    Love reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading!:)) tu la, Insya Allah ada hikmahnya in everything that happens or didn't happen in our case. NY is so not welcoming masa winter, super sejuk.. Nak keluar memang malas...hibernate and eat..that is my activity now..hahaha

    ReplyDelete