Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ski trip..

At last, we went for an outing outside the city...kids were super excited, no problem waking them up 5 in the morning. The journey was smooth, apart from the bus driver who got the drop-off place wrong..dah la salah, tak nak apologize pulak tu..anyway, got to the ski resort, snow was scarce..dah spring kan, but enough to ski and tubing. Hubby joined the ski lesson, the kids and me went tubing..no lesson needed for that one..luncur jer..it was sssoooo much fun. At first my daughter was scared, so I had to hold her hands sliding down, but after the third time, she was brave enough to go by herself. And she didn't want to stop, nor did her brother. Yang letih nye mommy le, coz I still had to go down and helped her with her float to drag it up the slope. I was telling myself, at least that would be my exercise for the day. After about one and a half hours tubing, we decided to call it a day. Tu pun coz my daughter had gotten her socks wet, if not God knows when we would stop.

We had lunch at the cafe. It was just a simple lunch, ordered fries and clam roll. Other Malaysians siap bawak nasi lemak, mee goreng , keropok and what not. I could not bring myself to wake up at 4 to cook and clean and to get the kids ready for the trip. So hubby dearie suggested ordering pizza the night before and reheat in the morning. Boy, I love him!!!

After lunch (well, if you can call fries and clam roll lunch, by the Malaysian standard), we checked in at the hotel. Rested for a bit. my body was starting to feel sore after all the climbing and pushing and tubing. Then we decided to walk around town. It was a really quiet town and a few shops opened. Most shops close at 2 pm!!! Found a gelato shop and gosh!! it was delicious..and the owner recommended lemon cake that she baked herself. It was truly out-of-this-world!!! Rugi pulak order satu jer...

We went back to the hotel just in time for the dinner and games organized by the club's committee. The kids had fun, dancing and running around. I wonder where they got their energy, I mean they woke up early, traveled for three hours, tubing and then they still have tons of energy to run around!!! A little after nine, we went back to our room and my hubby immediately knocked out! First time skiing la katakan...I couldn't sleep the whole night. It has been a habit of mine where I would have trouble sleeping at a new place. Plus with my hubby's snoring, it was not a good night for me.

The next morning, we had breakfast and then before going back to the city, we made a stop. At the outlet!!!! It was my first time there and gosh, my eyes grew bigger and bigger seeing all the designer shops...pity we didn't have enough time to go into each and every one of them. But still managed to buy one handbag and one sling bag. Hubby bought some work clothes and kids got some shoes and clothes. Come to think of it, hubby got the most stuff..mana aci!!!! But for people who had been to other outlets, this outlet is really small. You mean others are much bigger??? Wow...hopefully I would be at the bigger outlets soon!!!!

After lunch, we headed home. Almost everyone slept throughout the journey except for moi..another habit of mine..can't sleep while travelling. So add that to the sleepless night before, I was really tired. Got home around 7 pm, decided to tired to cook so it was maggi for everyone!!! By 10, I was so happy to be in my own bed and try not to think of having to wake early tomorrow..was thinking the kids could skip school esok..apa punya mak la..(they did go after all, they have all the energy in the world, remember?)

All in all, it was a great trip, was glad to see the countryside and enjoy the peaceful surrounding..now back to our world, where everyone is honking and beeping...

serenity is priceless...

No comments:

Post a Comment